Monday, July 30, 2018

Status update post race

Hi all,

We've now caught up on our sleep and adjusted to life back on land. Half the crew is back on the mainland and John and I are still here in Hawaii making plans to get the boat home. Due to the damage to the bow pulpit and deck we need to make repairs. The only question is whether to make the repairs here in Hawaii or at home. If we make them here it will likely be over a month before repairs are completed and then I have. delivery crew issues and I've got other commitments at the end of August and in September. Logistically it becomes a real pain. The other option is to ship the boat home and I've been busy chasing that down over the past few days. Also not without its own logistical challenges, I need to coordinate the boat yard, trailer rental, shipping, and trucking activities - but hey, one more challenge to overcome! Assuming this all works out I'll post pics of our sail over to the Honolulu side and our preparation for shipping activity. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment